Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And....I'm off..........

on the painting adventure! Finally picked up the brush and can and got down to business up in the game room. I'm very glad to say I didn't shed a tear at covering up the Ben Moore White Sands on the trim in that particular room. Hunter and his friends, and the four dogs, spend a lot of time in that there room and the evidence of their presence is clear....or was clear! Until I got busy today that is!

First things being necessary to be done, well, first....I got out the rags and the soapy water and wiped down the trim at floor level and then up the door frames...the whole time marveling at the thought that I'd just cleaned and touched it all up last March (before our Spring Fling social~~).

Did I get nostalgic at all the little finger prints that ran up the trim (and the wall, and the door, and every where else on that white paint)? Nope. Not at all. I was happy to think that in the days and weeks and months to come I won't see those fingerprints and feel guilty that I should be a better housewife...or maid or something.

Oh, those things will still be there, I mean, with a 12 year old boy who spends time in tree houses and in ditches and other things a boy out in the country gets into, and his four four legged companions and my "step-son" Dillon spending their weekends up there, there is no escaping the evidence....it'll just be a whole lot less visable.

And the added benefit? It looks really good......photos to come..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin