Friday, October 24, 2008

It's been a while~~~

since my last post.....it isn't that nothing has been happening.....life is always full in a world with three labs, one tripod, two cats, a rabbit, 3 children and an old married couple......~it's just that I've been out of commission with my back once again.....

After 7 days of almost complete bed/couch rest, I'm finally up and moving again.....I've slowly painted the living room trim the same bronze/gold as the upstairs landing and the nearly completed bathroom and am moving on into the dining room.....

The dining room is taking some time because I am having to experiment to get the look just right.....the dividing archway (not really an archway but I can't seem to come up with a better word) is causing the delay....I can't quite get the transition of the two colors (bronze/gold and green) to come out just right.

If you've been following this blog, then you'll remember that I am stepping out of my comfort zone by painting the doors and trim of each room in one of four colors....bronze/gold, green, dark blue, or autum-y red....using page 92 of September's County Home Magazine as my inspiration....

The living room looks awesome, the painted trim warms up the room. Warmth in that room has always been an issue both physically and visually - from the 1/2 inch gaps between the sheet rock and sills under the windows when we first moved in - to the gaps between the floor and the walls that a crowbar could fit through and reach the ground we found when we gutted and redid the room in 2006 - to furnishing the long narrow room for a comfy and cozy feel. When that trim was painted in an slightly off white, it still didn't quite feel warm and cozy; the bronze/gold did the trick, finally.

A second benefit of the freshly painted trim is that is draws more attention to the paint technique on the walls in that room.....the paint job I refer to as my one brilliant moment of design.....I'm equally pleased about that....

But, I'm entering day three of the experiment in the dining room and I'm still working on the wall which divides the living room from the dining room.....

I need another brilliant moment of design....

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin