Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Two, no three posts in one.......

Post One - It was a quiet weekend; after a trip to a disappointing fall festival on Friday night and our arriving at not one but two ice cream shoppes just as they closed their doors, Hunter and I spent Saturday and Sunday basically just hanging out. It was David's work weekend and after the whirlwind of DIY, school activities etc...I just didn't have the energy to spend the weekend working like crazy too....

But, I did finish the bathroom painting for the most part. There are, as usual, a few touch ups remaining. I used painters tape and plastic draping to protect the bead board during the final coat of ceiling paint....and was reminded of why I don't use painters tape. Unlike the painters on those design shows, when I remove the tape, it always, and I mean always, means more touch up edging.....I do much better when I just cut in using my eyes instead of tape....but anyway...

Here's the update photo on the bathroom.....

The floor is on today's schedule.....

Post Two....Living with 100 year old pecan trees can be an interesting experience. You never really know when one of those limbs (some of them the size of small trees) are going to come down. It doesn't have to be windy; it doesn't have to be rainy; they sometimes just come on down....like this one....


I don't know if you can tell just how big this limb is; it crosses the entire front yard. We woke up to it one morning last week (confirmation of how crazy last week was, I cannot remember which day it was....). If I was any good at guesstimating feet and yards, I'd say it was at least 30 feet long.....

On the positive side of it....no one was hurt when it fell and we'll get more sunlight in the weedy portion of our front yard.....here's the gap it left in the mother tree....


Post Three....Nikki starts a new job today....she is going to be a Vet Tech at our Vet's office. Despite her lack of experience, the Doc hired her out of a quite large application pool...based upon his knowledge of her love, care and commitment to her tri-pod King. Wow, loving and caring for your fur friend despite hardship and disability has benefits other then unconditional return of that love ..........

We're very excited for our girl; servers are feeling this economic crunch probably more then anyone who actually hasn't lost their job. When money gets tight, folks just don't eat out as much and they certainly don't tip as well. Shifts are being cut to the point where Nik was sent home twice last week before even clocking on....the writing was on the wall and out she went to find another job.

Now, we're all caught up on the weekend news....except for the fact that Hunter and I overslept this morning and we're leaving for school an hour later then we should be.....oops, I wasn't going to post that part of it....just file that one under "keeping it real".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin