Monday, March 9, 2009

Fresh Baked Bread and Chicken n Dumplins'

Last night just about 9:45 p.m., I got a phone call; it was Nikki calling. She was stuck on the road that leads to our place - only about 2.5 miles away - but couldn't get home. She had driven up on a just happened accident that was nasty. She could hear screaming. She was directed by the police to take the freeway south to the next exit to get around it because it was a "bad one, girl".

I was on edge for the next 30 minutes waiting on her to arrive safely home. But arrive safely she did. Someone else's child didn't. And that made me take stock and count my blessings.

So tonight, I made the family's favorite dinner....and as we ate, I was grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin