Saturday, June 13, 2009

About those candles~~

Last year, I ventured into the world of candle making. I had some fun. It was a lot of work. Hot work. I thought I was set for the loss of power that we frequently experience out here in the boonies.....not so much.

We burned through those candles in record time ~ or lost wicks in record time. And it wasn't long before I found myself running around with flashlights trying to find enough candles to light our way through an evening of no power......again.




It was time to re-think it. It was time for another back up plan....and time to hit the Flea Market.....We picked up this beauty for $8.00 and a big jug of Lamplight Oil for about $3.00~~



And then we found this one for H's room ($2.00)~~



And this one for the upstairs landing ($8.00) ~~



And picked up this one at Wally World for about $7.00 ~~



They're all wide wicks and burn cleanly and slowly and provide us enough light to see what we are doing.....lantern oil is a whole lot less expensive than candles....and lot less work intensive then candle making..... my plan is to eventually have a lantern in every room of the house and a box of matches stored conveniently close by.

I've got my eye on a couple of antique lanterns at that Flea Market but the budget just doesn't cover them at the moment.....I've started my Christmas list though....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin