Monday, November 16, 2009

Simple, filling dinner

This was the first recipe I followed way back when....I was a 16 year old living in England attending Swadelands in the village of Lenham (Kent)....and I was taking Home Ec....I hated the sewing part of the class, but I loved the cooking and baking portion of it...especially the taste testing that followed.....

The day we learned this recipe, I came home and made it for my family's dinner...it was a hit. When Dave and I first married, I cooked it once for him and he hated it so it was never cooked again....last night I had a craving for it and told him and Hunter they could eat eggs(!) if they didn't want to eat what I had made for dinner......lo and behold they loved it! (Reminiscing, Dave and I think that I probably used generic goods and cheap sausage back in our newlywed stage so use the good stuff~)

...anyhoo, this is a wonderful meal for a busy day where there's really no time to cook.....prep time is however long it takes you to open two cans, chop an onion, add some seasoning, stir, lay sausage and put it in the oven.....

Preheat the oven to 350
Open a can of good baked beans and add it to a casserole dish
Open a can of fire roasted garlic tomatoes and add it to the dish
Chop a small to medium onion in large pieces and add it to the dish
Add a tablespoon of dark brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste
Give it all a really good stir
Lay any good brand of sausage (links or dogs) across the top
Bake for 45 minutes.....
Enjoy!

This was a big hit last night with the H man who passes up baked beans 99% of the time....(he didn't feel like making his own egg!)

Sorry for the lack of photos.....we ate it all before I could snap any~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin