Thursday, May 8, 2008

Contradictions

Today was a study in contradictions.....

I got a phone call from Mom to let me know that my elder brother's father in law passed away last night; he was in his 90's and had held through the last many years of ill health....a fall took him as it does so many of our elderly.

Then, about an hour later, I got a call from my own Dad who just last friday was in danger of going critical from fluid on the lungs resulting from his open heart surgery three weeks ago....Dad was calling from the porch of his barn where he sat in his rocking chair surveying the kingdom he'd come home to.

I immediately thought of how my brother must feel....sadness at the loss of his wife's father, but gladness at the continued health of his own.

For my brother, today was a study in contradictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin