Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where to start.....

Okay, so this summer we had all three of the kids here, four dogs, two cats, twenty chickens and lots and lots of rain - among a few other distractions - like building chicken coops and .....

I've fallen behind on just about everything; you name it and I'm behind on it.

I already posted about the yard situation and I've made a start on that, but there are puddly spots that cannot be mowed and the yard is so damp that I've decided not to risk using my electric weed whacker just yet (and the gas one is still in need of some surgery). Our rose bushes are overgrown, our Confederate Jasmine are overgrown and the Elephant Ears are taking over the gardens. And to top it all off, its coming up on Banana Spider season - time to get the BB guns cleaned and ready........

Inside we've got a bug invasion; whenever we get a lot of rain, the spiders move right on in. I just spent most of the day with my trusty Rainbow Vac chasing down spiders from the crooks and crannies of this old kitchen; mopped the floor and now its time to start dinner. I think I'll stay in my clean kitchen tonight and just ignore the fact that the rest of the downstairs looks like I've started my Halloween decorating.

On a brighter note :) - a new kitchen light fixture has inspired me to get this old house spic and span so that I can finally get on to painting the cabinetry. Choosing a new light fixture has been another of those decisions that I kept putting off - you know, like I did the new T.V. and how to house it in the living room? But, just like the squeal of the speakers of the old T.V. forced me to finally get with it, the fact that I've been without a kitchen light since, oh, about the beginning of July, kinda made me stop procrastinating and make a decision. The days are shortening and I found that I couldn't see to chop onions and garlic....so, a new light fixture was purchased yesterday. It's a really good one for a cook whose eyesight was never all that great to begin with - it has task lighting!

I'll try to post a photo tomorrow, but no promises - after all, I've got rose and jasmine bushes to get under control and spiders to chase down and - oh great - another limb the size of a small tree just came down on the chicken coop...............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin