Monday, July 5, 2010

Life in a constant (almost) construction zone~~

Getting ready to begin on the office; I've been to arrange-a-room at Better Homes and Gardens and figured out the new furniture layout and I have a pretty good idea of the paint colors to come.....but now, for me...its the really hard part - getting it all organized BEFORE we empty the room.

I've learned over the six years of almost constant construction to sort through things before we unload the room and find storage for a full room s worth of stuff for a couple of months - by the time the project is completed and we're moving the furniture back in, I'm too exhausted and excited to take the time to really sort...things I planned on throwing out, giving away or keeping in storage end up right back in the room.....

I spent today going through years of saved magazines...Country Living, Country Home, Hobby Farms and Hobby Farm Homes, Traditional Home and Southern Accents.....among a few others. I've been clipping out gardening articles, photos of things I like and recipes and then placing mags in the recycle bin. Next on the list is to fill binders with the articles and photos in protective sleeves....that's tomorrow's chore. And then, its put the bookcases here and the desk there and the chair in that room......and the wall hangings....well, I haven't figured that part out yet........And then its tear down dry wall and expose the electrical and lay the new flooring and.....

One last look at the current version of the room...........



Here we go again.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin