Friday, September 26, 2008

Project Update......

It's that time again. When David and I sit down and re-vamp our to do lists - a little process in which we determine just where we actually are in our various projects. This time, both of us would have liked to have just buried our heads in the sand......

Nikki and I spent most of the day on Tuesday putting the right color paint on the trim in the landing. I thought it would go pretty quickly but forgot that there were five 100 year old doors up there.....and I didn't think it would take three coats of paint to get the coverage right....Since I had expected one gallon to do the landing and the bathroom....the first item on the updated to do list is budget more for the paint......


Wrong Color


Right color - same door! The nice thing about this paint is that it changes hues
in the varying light of the landing - to see this, see photos below text.

On Wednesday, David spent the day mudding in the new Sheetrock in the bathroom and moving toward connecting the new upstairs plumbing to the old downstairs bathroom (which renovation was already put off until next year due to budget constraints!) only to find that we have a problem with our septic.....

It is highly likely that our 100 year old pecan and cypress trees have sent their roots into our septic tank/drain field. So now, we get to have our septic system pumped out and possibly have a new drain field put in. In the middle of an economic crisis and right before Christmas.......needless to say, the stress level in our house went up a few notches.....

But, I have to say that one of the advantages of growing older is that you handle the stress a bit better. Years ago, I would have been in tears of frustration, asking "Why us? Why now?" Today, I know that all of us have issues to deal with, all of us have things hit you broadside....and I just breathe deep and look for the solution instead of staring and screaming at the problem......

And, since I've always handled heavy stress in my life by grabbing a paint can and taking control over that portion of my life, I am about to head upstairs and grab a paint brush and roller and paint the landing ceiling......and when that is done, I'll get back in the upstairs bathroom and scrape that darn paint off the bead board and sand that Sheetrock..............if I'm not worn out by then, I'll head outside with the weed wacker and take out my frustration on the garden around the septic tank so the pumpers can get in there......and then I'll sit on the front porch and count my blessings anyway!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.....!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin